Information Technology Specialist – Communications - DOD Secret
Billet Description: Provider of technical expertise to manage, operate and maintain REF Information Technology systems, focusing on communications systems, including fixed and mobile voice, data, teleconference and video teleconference, both classified and unclassified.
Billet Roles and Responsibilities:
• The contractor shall operate and manage fixed communications systems, including voice/telephone, telephone bridge calls and video teleconferencing, both classified and unclassified.
• The contractor shall operate and manage mobile communications systems, including cellular, wireless, Blackberries and tablet devices, both classified and unclassified.
• The contractor shall provide support and training to REF staff on all communication devices and systems.
• The contractor shall work with REF personnel to understand requirements and translate those into fixes and additional capabilities.
• The contractor shall facilitate communications requirements between REF staff and other Army resources such as NETCOM, the Fort Belvoir NEC and the Fort Belvoir DOIM.
• The contractor shall troubleshoot and maintain all mobile and fixed communications systems and related infrastructure.
• The contractor shall perform communication security functions for REF communications systems.
• The contractor shall coordinate with the REF Information Assurance Analyst to develop and test continuity of operation plans and ensure all communications systems meet Army IA standards.
• The contractor shall provide guidance and assist the REF IT Manager on communications process, tools, strategies and architecture to maximize operational effectiveness and recommend changes to the communications systems as needed.
• The contractor shall provide asset management for all communication devices and systems.
• The contractor shall analyze newly recommended technology for communications utility; recommend acceptance and integration as appropriate.
• The contractor shall ensure all processes and procedures are clearly documented in SOP format for reference by the REF IT department.
• The contractor shall provide primary or secondary backup to the other members of the REF IT department.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems.
Experience Requirements: Five (5) years experience in similar positions for DA clients.
Other Requirements: This billet has been designated IAM Level II in accordance with DoD Directive 8570.1 As outlined in DoD 8570.01-M “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program”, a contractor must obtain the appropriate DoD-approved IA baseline certification prior to being engaged.
• Army Privileged User IA Responsibilities Certification
• Army Information Assurance Fundamentals Training
• Army Information Assurance Security Officer Certification
• Army Computing Environment/ Network Environment certification(s)
• DISA DVS VTC Certification
• Fulfill IAT Level II requirements as documented in DoD Directive 8570.1
• The contractor has up to 6 months to obtain any other training that may be required in the future for this position.