Senior Contracting Specialist - DOD Secret
Billet Description: Subject matter expert to provide contracting support for REF procurements of supplies and services.
Billet Roles and Responsibilities:
• The contractor shall provide expert contract guidance, support and documentation for REF’s complex acquisitions and provide support for complex pre and post award contracting actions.
• The contractor shall assist senior REF management on organizational structure and process changes needed to implement efficient and effective acquisition processes.
• The contractor shall work with contracting officers providing contracting support to the REF to facilitate award of REF contracts.
• The contractor shall assist with providing in-depth understanding of agencies’ mission, organizational interrelationships and priorities and take into account the resource implications of decisions.
• The contractor shall aid in the reviews and recommendations to facilitate contracting actions prior to submission to the contracting officer, including acquisition strategy development, statement of work, independent Government cost estimate and source selection plans.
Security Clearance Requirements: Secret clearance required prior to assumption of position.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and at least 24 semester credit hours among the following fields: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (This requirement can be obtained within the degree or in addition to the degree).
Experience Requirements: Ten (10) years of related experience in DoD Contracting with at least two (2) years of Army acquisition.
Other Requirements: DAWIA Level III certification/equivalency in the career field of Contracting.