Information Technology Specialist – Knowledge and Data Manager - DOD Secret
Billet Description: Provider of technical expertise to allow the REF to efficiently manage knowledge and data to promote mission effectiveness and enable shared understanding and learning within the organization.
Billet Roles and Responsibilities:
• The contractor shall perform the role of Army Knowledge and Data Management Officer for the REF.
• The contractor shall operate and manage the REF KM System and other stored data, both classified and unclassified, including public internet and internal intranet Web sites, portals and SharePoint sites.
• The contractor shall coordinate with external knowledge sources and integrate them into the organizational knowledge network.
• The contractor shall provide support and training to REF Staff, both CONUS and OCONUS, on all KM and data systems.
• The contractor shall work with REF personnel to understand requirements and translate those into fixes and additional capabilities.
• The contractor shall facilitate KM and data requirements between REF staff and other Army resources such as NETCOM, the Fort Belvoir NEC and the Fort Belvoir DOIM.
• The contractor shall troubleshoot and maintain all KM and data storage systems and related infrastructure.
• The contractor shall develop and manage the REF's database, develop applications, interfaces, and database forms to provide information availability.
• The contractor shall ensure rapid and efficient flow, storage and retrieval of electronic information on both classified and unclassified systems.
• The contractor shall coordinate with the REF Information Assurance Analyst to develop and test continuity of operation plans and ensure all KM systems meet Army IA standards
• The contractor shall provide guidance and assist the REF IT Manager on KM process, tools, strategies and architecture to maximize relevant information availability and recommend changes to the KM systems as needed.
• The contractor shall inform and support the REF IT Manager on data storage and recommend changes to the existing systems as needed
• The contractor shall analyze newly recommended technology for KM utility; recommend acceptance and integration as appropriate
• The contractor shall provide asset management for all KM devices and systems
• The contractor shall ensure all processes and procedures are clearly documented in SOP format for reference by the REF IT department
• The contractor shall provide primary or secondary backup to the other members of the REF IT department
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems.
Experience Requirements: Five (5) years experience in similar positions for DA clients. Contractor shall have (1) year of experience with Sharepoint and (1) year of experience using file management systems, obtained either concurrently or separately.
Other Requirements: This billet has been designated IAM Level II in accordance with DoD Directive 8570.1 As outlined in DoD 8570.01-M “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program”, a contractor must obtain the appropriate DoD-approved IA baseline certification prior to being engaged.
• Army Privileged User IA Responsibilities Certification
• Army Information Assurance Fundamentals Training
• Army Information Assurance Security Officer Certification
• Army Computing Environment/Network Environment certification(s)
• DISA DVS VTC Certification.
• Fulfill IAT Level II requirements as documented in DoD Directive 8570.
• The contractor has up to 6 months to obtain any other training that may be required in the future for this position.