IT Manager/Chief Information Officer (CIO) - TS/SCI
Billet Description: The CIO will support REF in planning, implementing and maintaining enterprise information systems.
Billet Roles and Responsibilities:
• The contractor shall provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, implementation and maintenance of the information technology and communications systems for REF.
• The contractor shall manage the REF internal IT operations, communications systems and related projects, including IT systems, local area networks, wide-area networks, voice communications systems, data communications systems, imaging systems, and office automation systems.
• The contractor shall be responsible for coordinating and implementing Army, G-3/5/7, and ASA (ALT) policies and procedures for command, control, communications, computers (C4) management.
• The contractor shall advise REF Leadership and staff on the capabilities and limitations of systems (e.g., hardware, software networking, security, configuration management, operations and problems).
• The contractor shall represent the REF and participate in partnership with the Fort Belvoir Network Enterprise Center (NEC) and the Fort Belvoir Directorate of Information Management (DOIM) to identify major C4/Information Management interoperability issues and requirements.
• The contractor shall facilitate communication between REF staff, REF leadership, vendors, and other Army resources such as the CIO G-6, Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM), the Fort Belvoir NEC and the Fort Belvoir DOIM
• The contractor shall serve as Lead Army KM Officer for the REF.
• The contractor shall fulfill Information Assurance Management (IAM) responsibilities as designated in Army Regulation 25–2 “Information Assurance”. This includes ensuring that formal Information Assurance (IA) security training is conducted for REF staff and providing backup to the REF Information Assurance Analyst.
• The contractor shall lead the REF IT contractor staff and providing backup support to ensure continuous availability of support to the REF.
• The contractor shall develop, implement and evaluate user-training programs.
• The contractor shall develop, implement and evaluate system security and back up procedures.
• The contractor shall ensure all processes and procedures are clearly documented in SOP format for reference by the REF IT department.
Security Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI Clearance required prior to assumption of position
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems.
Experience Requirements: Ten (10) years in similar positions for DA clients.
Other Requirements: This billet has been designated IAM Level II in accordance with DoD Directive 8570.1 As outlined in DoD 8570.01-M “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program”, a contractor must obtain the appropriate DoD-approved IA baseline certification prior to being engaged.
• Army Privileged User IA Responsibilities Certification
• Army Information Assurance Fundamentals Training
• Army Information Assurance Security Officer Certification
• Army Computing Environment/ Network Environment certification(s)
• Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Defense Information Systems Network Video Services Video Teleconferencing (DVS VTC) Certification
• Fulfill IAM Level II requirements as documented in DoD Directive 8570.1
• Fulfill Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II requirements as documented in DoD Directive 8570.1
• The contractor has up to 6 months to obtain any other training that may be required in the future for this position.