Transportation Services and Support Specialist - DOD Secret
Billet Description: Adviser and planner for all matters pertaining to movement of REF cargo.
Billet Roles and Responsibilities:
• The contractor shall assist REF Logistics on all matters pertaining to cargo movement, motor vehicle control, and operation and maintenance.
• The contractor shall provide subject matter expertise for transportation IAW the Defense Transportation Regulation 4500.9-R- Part II and movement of cargo, i.e. ground, air and sea.
• The contractor shall provide transportation planning advice to ensure that equipment transportation arrangements are compatible with the Project Equipment Packaging, Handling, Shipping & Transportation Plan and schedule.
• The contractor shall arrange and provide transportation to afford the most rapid and timely delivery, distribution and accountability of project equipment.
• The contractor shall provide Hazardous Materials Transportation certification, Air Worthiness certification, U.S. Customs Shipper’s Export Declaration and other documentation as required; ensure in-transit- visibility of REF Project Equipment and Property via appropriate use of Government Furnished Radio Frequency Identification tags and automated shipment tracking such as Global Air Transportation Execution Systems, Global Transportation Network (GTN), Integrated Data Environment/Global Transportation Network Convergence, Intelligent Road/Rail Information Server, and shipment tracking through REF commercial accounts with DHL, FEDEX, UPS.
• The contractor shall ensure end-to-end in transit management of all REF owned, REF leased, and Department of Defense provided cargo containers.
• The contractor shall provide daily receipt, shipment and in-transit-location reports including populating appropriate information into the REF data base.
• The contractor shall provide liaison with the Forward Deployed Operational Logistics Support function, provide vehicle management support within REF including coordination with the appropriate agency for dispatch, fueling, repairs, maintenance, and billing to include assessing billing accuracy and take immediate corrective action for any noted discrepancies.
• The contractor shall establish hand receipts and component listings for all equipment received, stored, and issued to customer or end user.
• The contractor shall conduct transportation meetings with all customers in order to plan, forecast, coordinate, and manage transportation requirements.
Security Clearance Requirements: Secret clearance required prior to assumption of position.
Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution.
Experience Requirements: Ten (10) years of experience in Army and commercial logistics processes and procedures with specific expertise of Army, DoD and commercial transportation policies and procedures.