Field Logistics Specialist - DOD Secret
Billet Description: In-theater Logistics subject matter expert for the REF.
Billet Roles and Responsibilities:
• The contractor shall provide theater logistics subject matter expertise and coordinate with OCONUS Army Field Support Brigades (AFSB) and Sustainment Commands.
• The contractor shall advise on property accounting, maintenance, and sustainment issues and perform property accounting activities upon request.
• The contractor shall monitor all REF equipment provided to units and collect data on the accountability, usage, sustainment, demilitarization of that equipment, and provide data to Soldiers deployed globally.
• The contractor shall stay apprised of in-transit-visibility of REF Project Equipment and Property via appropriate use of Government Furnished automated shipment tracking such as Global Air Transportation Execution Systems, GTN, GTN21, Intelligent Road/Rail Information Server, and shipment tracking through REF commercial accounts with DHL, FEDEX, UPS, etc.; provide liaison with REF Rear (located at Fort Belvoir) and all Forward Area of Responsibility Transportation and Sustainment Management entities.
• The contractor shall provide theater logistics subject matter expertise in performing Transportation Planning, In-Transit Visibility, Property Accountability, Asset Visibility Management, Inventory Management, Maintenance Management, Sustainment Management, and Cost Analysis for specific projects and/or projects requiring this level of attention.
• The contractor shall help develop and manage Theater Deployment Plans for sustainment and accountability at the AFSBs and other designated locations.
• The contractor shall help with project vetting with the Army Central (ARCENT) Asset Visibility Teams, AFSB Property Book Officer, and USFORCES G4 for REF solutions, before items go into the Redistribution Property Assistance Team (RPAT), Joint Doctrine Development Community yards, and OCONUS holding areas.
• The contractor shall provide recommendation to the operational support team on transportation, maintenance, and sustainment issues, and perform property accounting activities upon request from the REF Property Book Officer, based on priorities of work.
• The contractor shall establish a tracking system for all items equipped to user, and will conduct quarterly follow-ups on the location of that issued equipment, regardless of its TPE status.
• The contractor shall provide total asset visibility of REF equipment on the ARCENT or other Major Command equipment database that meets a valid requirement in any theater, and report those assets back to the Chief of Logistics for disposition instructions, prior to these items being containerized and retrograded to locations CONUS or OCONUS.
• The contractor shall accurately input relevant equipment and sustainment data into the REF KM System.
• The contractor shall monitor execution of sustainment contracts in theater and suggest process improvement mechanisms in regards to cost and performance of deployed Field Service Representatives.
• The contractor shall provide in theater support for Field Service Representatives on REF projects.
• The contractor shall assist in the transition of REF equipment to incoming units in theater by providing listings of previously-issued REF equipment.
• The contractors collocated with an AFSB or Sustainment Brigade shall be capable of performing the following tasks:
- Review all requirements initiated through Operational Support Team (OST) for situational awareness.
- Review Project Tracker looking for: high dollar items being sustained but not being used, high dollar items deemed as enduring capabilities not being used, projects not being used but stored in containers, warehouses, Military Owned Demountable Containers, etc.
• The contractor shall conduct analysis on any items for Authorized Stockage List, Spares systems, Spare Parts, etc. to determine if any action is required.
• The contractor shall conduct analysis on all projects on the REF Project Tracker, against all items on the USFORCES–N G4s listing to determine if any action is required.
• The contractor shall cross check all REF Projects against all items being turned in at the RPAT when there is no back-fill unit, and determine if items have been vetted by the appropriate sources as excess and provide a listing of all items to the Chief of Logistics for review.
• The contractor shall review all 10 Liner requirement that come to the OST lead for national stock numbers and determine if national stock number items can be acquired through DLA/General Services Administration and provide a trend analysis to the REF Chief of Logistics.
• The contractor shall contact unit to determine if they have a valid document number and corresponding documentation in the system. If unit does not, assist unit with getting one.
• The contractor shall make contact with the DLA rep on site at the AFSBs to get all historical/demand information on national stock number item.
• The contractor shall cross-check any items requested on requirements with COCOM listing of restricted items and provide a list and a trend analysis to the REF Chief of Logistics.
• The contractor collocated in Kuwait shall perform the following tasks:
- Establish a work space in the ARCENT C3/C4 Log Cell in order to vet all requirements on the project list from our OSTs.
- Work logistics issues at the Operational and Strategic level for the REF.
- Provide input at C3/C4 meetings, conferences, and assemblies.
- Work closely with all Life Cycle Management Command s, Program Manager/PEOs for items requiring sustainment and cross leveling back into the fight.
- Scrub the REF Project Tracker with the ARCENT listing and the USFORCES listing to determine any items meeting OST requirements.
- Facilitate movement, cross leveling, or redistribution of REF items residing in or coming to Kuwait that need to be in Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom.
- Establish a location/facility/Military Owned Demountable Containers for disposition on any frustrated REF equipment.
- Provide weekly Situation Report to the Chief of Log on all Logistics functions being conducted in theater and Chief of Operations for ops related actions
• The contractor shall provide Total Asset visibility of the ARCENT equipment database, that meets a valid requirement in any theater, and report those assets back to the Chief of Logistics for disposition instructions, prior to these items being containerized at the RPAT for forward movement to Kuwait.
• The contractor shall facilitate the identification and redirection of non-standard equipment in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
• The contractor shall use the TPE planner and Material Enterprise Non-Standard Equipment database to support REF's initiatives in theater.
• The contractor shall facilitate the inventory and operational testing of equipment in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Kuwait with assistance from the Brigade's maintenance assets, Life Cycle Management Commands, and contractors’ support teams.
• The contractor shall access and inspect any non-standard equipment with disposition instructions that is currently staged.
• The contractor shall prioritize movement of equipment in support of REF initiatives in Operation Enduring Freedom.
• The contractor shall facilitate usage of warehouse space to segregate equipment dedicated for REF operations in theater.
• The contractor shall provide assistance and coordination for the identification and redistribution of non-standard equipment at the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office facility.
• The contractor shall coordinate other support for REF personnel in theater as needed.
Security Clearance Requirements: Secret clearance required prior to assumption of position.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Experience Requirements: Ten (10) years of experience in Army logistics.