Program Analyst - DOD Secret
Billet Description: Authority for REF Business Management on policies, procedures and regulations governing major appropriations.
Billet Roles and Responsibilities:
• The contractor shall serve as the authority on policies, procedures and regulations governing major appropriations.
• The contractor shall serve as expert on legislative actions impacting the execution of major appropriations, special Congressional, Office of the Secretary of Defense, or Office of Management and Budget interests and priority REF field requirements.
• The contractor shall participate in program formulation, defense and justification of the REF program objective memorandum (POM) and Budget reviews for the major appropriations to ensure effective integration of resources, making recommendations for consistently balance and integrated programming over time.
• During POM cycles, the contractor shall keep the REF Command Group apprised of key developments and decisions.
• The contractor shall provide information to subordinate activities through REF Guidance, REF POM, REF Budget Cycle, and Program Budget Decisions. Accomplishment of these tasks may include but is not limited to: maintaining cognizance of manpower and force structure decisions and processes during the Total Army Analysis; POM cycles and objectives; Command Operating Budget and POM Assessment Letters; reviewing/commenting on major programming/reprogramming initiatives.
• The contractor shall monitor budget execution proposals for resource reprogramming and develops out-year reprogramming proposals.
• The contractor shall perform continuing analysis in connection with the program planning, program review and evaluation of financial management functions as related to the REF mission.
Educational Requirements: Bachelors degree in an Operations Research/Systems Analysis - related discipline or in Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics.
Experience Requirements: Ten (10) years experience as program analyst working with Army funding with experience in Planning Programming and Budgeting System, GFEBS, Fiscal Law/Appropriations Law, and POM process experience.