Security Support Specialist TS/SCI
Billet Description: Facility Security Manager for the REF.
Billet Roles and Responsibilities:
• The contractor shall perform the functions of the Security Support Specialist at the REF.
• The contractor shall provide security support to the REF office including: maintain a database to track security clearances, maintain key control, conduct in and out security processing, track annual security training requirements, track Non-secure Internet Protocol Router (NIPR) and Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR) accounts, process visitor requests, manage safe and door combinations, and draft and maintain the organization security processes and procedures
• The contractor shall verify security clearances for visiting personnel as well as submit visitor requests or Perm Certifications in Joint Personnel Adjucation System (JPAS) for assigned REF Government personnel visiting other locations. Coordinate the necessary actions for security badging for all REF employees and visitors with the appropriate organizations (NVESD, Fort Belvoir, and Military District of Washington.
• The contractor shall maintain a key control register as well as safe and door combination control. Change or coordinate to change door and safe combinations IAW AR 380-5. Supervise the execution of daily, weekly and monthly security processing to ensure compliance. Update and post the end of day security check roster. Perform security assessments and inspections and provide guidance and recommendations to improve overall security of the organization.
• The contractor shall maintain personnel security files, manage a Security Clearance Access Roster, maintain database to track clearances and investigation dates, initiate periodic reinvestigations for REF Government employees, report derogatory information as required, and coordinate for SCI indoctrinations/debriefings
• The contractor shall conduct security inprocessing and outprocessing for all REF personnel. Ensure all required security training is completed prior to processing NIPR and SIPR accounts. Brief the security portion of the REF Newcomers Brief monthly or as required.
• The contractor will monitor annual training requirements and provide security related training to REF employees as required
• The contractor shall support REF global operations by coordinating Country and Theater Clearances in Aircraft and Personnel Automated Clearance System and coordinating Common Access Card access and Letters of Authorization for REF employees who will deploy.
• The contractor shall maintain and update the REF Security SOP as required and will assist with the update of the REF Security Classification Guide.
• The contractor shall provide guidance to employees on security classification questions and will provide an OPSEC review of REF articles, photos, and talking points before release.
Security Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI Clearance required prior to assumption of position.
Educational Requirements: Associate’s or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience Requirements: Five (5) years of total experience in DoD security disciplines that include: personnel, information, and physical security. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, convey information to a diverse audience and be proficient in the following systems: JPAS, Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
• Must possess all of the following Certificates of Training from the Defense Security Service Academy: Basic Information Security, OPSEC Fundamentals, Personnel Security Management, Marking Classified Information, Risk Management for DoD Personnel Security Adjudication, JPAS/Joint Clearance and Access Verification System Virtual Training for Security Professionals, Derivative Classification, Essentials of Industrial Security Management, Physical Security Measures, Personally Identifiable Information, Introduction to Army Foreign Disclosure Course, Lock and Key Systems Course.
• Must possess a Certificate of Training from DA in OPSEC Officer Certification Level II.